From the Making of Fire Emblem: 25 Years of Development Secrets 25th Anniversary art book comes some more development documents.Today, we look at the original proposal for the very first Fire Emblem game!
This one is found on Page 324.
You can find these scans and much more from this book on the compilation post here.
As you can imagine, the process of doing all this (scanning, editing, translating in some cases, etc) took a lot of time, and I am unemployed… so if you like what I did, then…
Please donate! It helps fund future projects!
Below is the simple outlined proposal that started it all.
1. Title – Battle Fantasy “Fire Emblem”
2. Type – Map-based simulation war game
3. Map size – 40 x 30 (on screen 16 x 15, can scroll)
– Square type 2 x 2 no separation
4. Map types – 26 (based on original story)
5. Terrain – 12 (includes movement cost, defence effects, special effects)
6. Classes – 22 (see elsewhere)
7. Weapons – 63 (see elsewhere)
8. Items – 16 (see elsewhere)
9. Battle scene – Full animation
10. Victory conditions – Main unit (Lord) is defeated (Player)
– Or special conditions (depends on the mission)
– Main unit (Lord) is defeated (Computer)
11. Final Objective – Complete all missions (25)
12. Game Over – Main character (Marth) is removed from the map (killed)