This page is to highlight the variety of translations I have done as a reference. Simply follow the links in the categories below to see a sample of how I go about translating various types of media. Please note this is not an exhaustive list and that these are just a tiny fraction of the translations available on this site.
Artbook (Design Works, Character Books, etc)
Note the difference between the original and final pages. I try to retain the same “style” in digital editing beyond simply translating.
- Fire Emblem: Tellius Recollection (Volume 1)
- Ace Attorney: Athena Cykes Design Pages
- Dangan Ronpa: Celestia Ludenberg Design Pages
- Fire Emblem: 6 + 7 Character Book (Every character page)
Comparison (Japanese VS English versions of media, etc)
These refer to comparing things like a Japanese song’s lyrics versus how it was translated (officially) into English. Other things include things in Japanese games that may have been cut or changed for the English audience.
- Fire Emblem: Nergal’s Final Lines Comparison
- Legend of Zelda: the Windwaker: Ganon’s “Wind” Speech Comparison
- Pokémon: Kiseki Lyrics Comparison
- Pokémon Red/Blue: The Old Man was Drunk? (Comparison)
- Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS: Lucina’s Victory Lines Comparison
- WarioWare: Ashley’s Theme Song Comparison
Interviews (from magazines, websites, books, etc)
These are interviews from various sources that had been fully translated or summarized.
- Fire Emblem if (Fates) Developer Interview (Full)
- Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS Sakurai on Clones (Extract from full interview)
- Pokémon Famitsu Interview (9/17) (Summary)
- Fire Emblem x Pokemon Interview (Excerpt, featured on several major video game websites)
Magazine (Famitsu, Nintendo Dream, Dengeki, etc)
These are Japanese gaming magazines that I translated and typeset onto the pages. It is a show of both digital editing and translation skills. The majority are Famitsu pages. There are many more beyond the list below.
- Fire Emblem if (Fates) Famitsu Pages
- Pokémon Famitsu Pages
- Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS Famitsu Pages
Manga (Yonkoma, Full Chapters, etc)
I specialize in Yonkoma (4 panel comics), but I have done full chapters too, as seen below. I handled cleaning, translating, and typesetting.
- CoroCoro Splatoon Comic
- Kyoukai no Rinne (Full Chapter)
- Fire Emblem Awakening: Yonkoma Kings (Entire Book)
- Fire Emblem Fates: Yonkoma Kings (Entire Book)
Song Lyrics (Japanese songs translated)
From popular songs to video game songs. Some are translated literally to compare to official translations. Songs are compared too, though that is under the “Comparison” section above.
- AKB48: Gingham Check Lyrics Translation
- Fire Emblem if (Fates): One’s Thoughts Lyrics Translation
- Valkyria Chronicles: No Matter the Distance Lyrics Translation
- Hunter x Hunter: DEPARTURE Lyrics Translation
TCG (Trading Card Game) (Primarily Pokémon Cards)
In order to practice for a dream job of officially bringing Pokémon cards to the west, I took it upon myself to try my best and translate some cards (as well as provide digital edits the best I could within the limitations I had to work with) to make workable samples.
Website (Japanese websites translated to English)
These are screen shots and transcripts of web pages I translated into English.
- Amazon.co.jp description page on the Fire Emblem: 25th Anniversary Book
- Fire Emblem if (Fates) Japanese Webpage Translations
- Project X Zone 2: Lucina Character Profile Translation