This week’s Famitsu had the results of a survey to fans of FE14 / Fire Emblem Fates / Fire Emblem: if. I translated the results (though not on the page) below! Do you agree with them?
As usual, this is all done on my free time, and takes awhile. It can be a lot of work, but I do hope you enjoy! I am unemployed… so please consider donating if you like the work I do. : ) It certainly helps me keep going!
Q1 Why did you buy FE IF?
- 69% – Fan of the series
- 11% – Wanted to see story
- 9% – Wanted to see characters
- 5% – Wanted to see gameplay
- 2% – People I know are playing it
- 1% – Impulse buy
Q2 What FE games have you played (before this)?
- IF – 2304
- Awakening – 1971
- Blazing Sword – 1069
- New Mystery of the Emblem – 1067
Q3 What difficulty and mode did you start on?
- 74% – Normal
- 23% – Hard
- 2% – Lunatic
- Normal-Phoenix – 244
- Normal-Casual – 875
- Normal-Classic – 666
- Hard-Casual – 153
- Hard-Classic – 403
- Lunatic-Casual – 6
- Lunatic-Classic -50
Q4 Did you change difficulty and mode during play?
- 86% – Did not change anything
- 8% – Changed mode
- 3% – Changed difficulty
- 2% – Changed mode and difficulty
Q5 Which scenario did you play first?
- 55% -Hoshido
- 43% -Nohr
- 1% -Invisible Kingdom
Q6 What was the reason for your answer in Q5?
- 43% – The characters who become allies
- 32% – Difficulty
- 23% – Story
Q7 What was your avatar’s gender?
- 51% Female (1231)
- 49% Male (1174)
Q8 What do you think of Phoenix Mode?
- Did not use, so no comment – 1155
- Useful for seeing the story [with ease] – 384
- Useful for one needs to pause/save during gameplay – 126
- Useful when mission is too hard – 112
Q9 What sort of units did you raise?
- -Favorite Units – 438
- -Bonus characters from additional maps, content, etc. – 184
- -Royalty that could utilize the Dragon vein – 113
- -Used whoever worked out of everyone – 84
- -Favorite units – 254
- -Used whoever worked out of everyone – 192
- -Bonus characters from additional maps, content, etc. – 170
- -Royalty that could utilize the Dragon vein – 67
- -Bonus characters from additional maps, content, etc. – 860
- -Favorite units – 852
- -Used whoever worked out of everyone – 580
- -Royalty that could utilize the Dragon vein – 292
Q10 Who was your favorite character?
- Takumi 
- -Like his look and personality (M/20s)
- -Most influenced character pending on path (M/20s)
- -Grows on you most from support conversations (F/40s)
- Leon / Leo (475)
- -Though says cold things, a good kid (F/20s)
- -Liked the pre-release visuals (F/20s)
- -Cute when acting tough (F/20)
- Marx / Xander (396)
- -Gave most emotional feelings as an older brother in the story (M/30s)
- -Useful supports and powerful compared to others (M/Teens)
- -Stronger than everyone with a great personality (M/30s)
- Joker / Jakob (293)
- -Interesting personality and caps (F/20s)
- -Strong user of both weapons and staff (F/20s)
- Camilla (285)
- -Like a Holy Mother, loved her at first glance (F/20s)
- -Sexy, best female character (M/30s)
- Elise (246)
- -Useful healer (F/Teens)
- -Cute and reliable. Fun supports. (F/20s)
- Oboro (228)
- -Love her voice (M/40s)
- -Appearance and personality cute, love the sort of lance fighter look
- Aqua / Azura (197)
- -Happy for her to support the Avatar (F/20s)
- -Her singing really helped me (M/30s)
- Ryouma / Ryoma (195)
- -If not for him I would’ve never won (F/40s)
- -Surprisingly playful (M/Teens)
- Odin (176)
- -Great caps (M/Teens)
- -Awaking Wonder!!! (M/Teens)
Q11 Who did your Avatar marry?
- Aqua / Azura (260)
- -Supports you no matter the route, it’s fate (M/20s)
- -Fit the story most, I think (M/Teens)
- Joker / Jakob (231)
- -Liked his supports with the Avatar (M/30s)
- -A total hottie! (F/20s)
- Leon / Leo (180)
- -A striking character (F/20s)
- -We see his kind side in the supports (M/30s)
- Marx / Xander (145)
- -I like older characters (F/20s)
- -Displays different sides to him (F/30s)
- Felicia (130)
- -Very clumsy, but a good girl who supported me all the way (F/20s)
- -So cute (M/20s)
Q12 What did you think of the marriage system?
- 1674 – It was fun making couples
- -I liked seeing children with different hair colors (M/20s)
- -I think coupling and supports are a charm of the series (M/20s)
- 1192 – It was fun thinking about who inherits what
- -It was fun forging powerful units (M/30s)
- -It’s a fun system in raising units as you like
- 940 – It was fun having parent and child fight alongside each other
- – It was interesting hearing the parent and child exchanges in battle (M/30s)
- 691 – I preferred FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War)’s system
- -So many charming units, some get wasted. Why bother with alternating generations?
- -The appearance of children felt rather empty (M/20s)
- 520 – I like the support system but would be fine without kids
- -I’m fine with the generation thing, but it takes a lot of time to raise them… (M/30s)
- -I think it gave the game too many units (M/40s)
- -I like the system as it is, so want it to be around from now on (M/30s)
Q13 The scene that left an impression?
- -The scene of jumping into the Infinite Chasm after Touma Chapter 6 (M/20s)
- -Any scene Aqua sang in (F/30s)
- -The final chapter of Hoshido, it was incredibly serious. Can’t be described in words (F/20s)
- -When Aqua calms the rampant Avatar (F/20s)
- -The scene where the cold Leon breaks down after acting like he hated the Avatar (M/20s)
- -The route split in Chapter 6, made me wonder what to do (M/30s)
- -Avatar and Takumi’s S support. I really want to thank my mother Mikoto! (F/20s)
- -The final chapter of Nohr! <Spoilers so won’t mention it> (F/30s)
Q14 Favorite Class?
- True Bow (451)
- Trueblade (449)
- Maid (382)
- Butler (300)
- General (278)
Q15 Favorite Skill?
- Astra (557)
- Lifetaker (291)
- Lethality (267)
- Easy Life (205)
- Servant’s Joy (177)
Q16 When visiting MyCastle, what would you do?
- 1516 – Mainly use internet functions
- 1149 – Acquire skills from other players
- 1026 – Buy special items
- 650 – Use StreetPass functionality
- 453 – Use the Vendor and Armory
- 348 – Use connectivity components
- 166 – Recruit other player’s units
Q17 Tell us various regrets/oddities you experienced…
- -I didn’t use the boots all the way to the end (M/20s)
- -Harold would miss with 90% accuracy and get critical’d when the enemy only had 1% chance of doing so (M/30s)
- -I noticed Aqua became my main combat unit (M/30s)
- -Healers made up my main force (M/Teens)
- -My units wore funny accessories, so I laughed during serious scenes! (F/20s)
- -I went to the hot springs when I had nothing else to do (M/20s)
- -I noticed … the women had better strength and defense [than the men]… (M/30s)
- -I overlooked enemy archers with counter and lost plenty of allies (M/30s)
Q18 Hopes for future FE installments and messages to the dev team!
- -Will there be a “fourth scenario” too…? (lol) (M/20s)
- -The support system is fun, please keep it! (F/Teens)
- -I hope that future installments have this level of quality! (M/20s)
- -I hope for more DLC maps and characters (F/20s)
- -Thank you for this wonderful game. I will play whatever new releases [you make] from now on (F/20s)
- -I found the net battles interesting, I would be happy if they component reappears (F/20s)
- -I hope they put effort into the stories for FE from now on! (M/20s)
- -I had the impression it was a “difficult game,” but that changed. I intend to challenge myself and play the other games in the series (F/20s)
- -Was very interesting. I think I’ll play the next one too! (F/Teens)
Q19 What score would you give this game overall?
AVERAGE: 86 / 100
There you have it! Here are the original Famitsu scans:
Pingback: How Polls May Affect Fire Emblem Warriors – Source Gaming
Pingback: FE14 (Fates) “Choose Your Legends” Poll Results Analysis | kantopia
Pingback: Fire Emblem: Famitsu Overall Favorite Character Poll Translated (June 2015) | kantopia
Pingback: Fire Emblem: Famitsu FE Series Reader Poll Translated (June 2015) | kantopia
Reblogged this on 絶望ヒーロー and commented:
JOKER IS BEST HUSBANDO but hm takumi sigh takumi I’m actually feeling like I like takumi more than leon oh dear
Takumi gets a lot more screen time for sure overall I’d say xD
I’d agree or disagree if I actually played the game/looked up FEIf material. But I’m doing what I can to stay away from that ;-;
No worries, look at it when you’re all done with the game when it comes out next year : )
Can we get the first and last pages of the original scan too?
Uploaded them by your request! : )
Pingback: Fates: Famitsu Survey Results - Serenes Forest
Oh wow. Looks like Takumi got #1. Cool. Agreed with that Q12 520. I really like the support and marriage system, I really do, But children was kind of unnecessary this time around. Ah well. So loads of people shipped Aqua/Azura with Corrin/Kamui… Awkward considering their origins. I knew Odin/Owain would get on the top 10. After all… SKYYYWARRD… SHIELD! Harold getting misses with 90% hit rates… The RNG goddess loves messing with people. (I wonder if Anna is secretly related to Palutena, the other trolling goddess) Oh man, I got carried away with my comment again! Anyways, I’m really excited to get this game in 2016!
No problem about getting carried away. I enjoy reading them. Yes, that can be some awkward origins there. xD Harold is known for his terrible luck, so guess that figures!
So Takumi is the most popular…. I can just say….. YEAHHHHH! ٩(๑òωó๑)۶ Takumi & Kamui 4 ever
Yep! Japanese readers loved him it seems xD
but how though? I thought most of FE Fates’ fanbase were dudes, who were mostly straight (and we have a thing for attractive yanderes), and in business sex=$$$$. And I thought everyone hates tsunderes.
I think that’s mostly thoughts that apply to the west, but I recall that Awakening and Fates are being/were being marketed to get more female players in, too. : )
Heck i’m a female and i’ve been playing since ‘Path of radiance’ came out for the gamecube XD
A good game to start on, too! 😀
Thank you very much for this article ! (^▼^)
No problem, thank you for reading : )
…Am I the only male who liked Leon?
Maybe! That’s just a few random opinions of course xD